Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Token of love

Last week, C handed me the eggs and milk I instructed him to grab on the way home from work. As I took the bag from him and he said," I have a little something for you. My reaction was, oh no, not fattening junk food? He said, it's ok..this is special...for you with love.... Curious, I fished out a blue packet of Baci chocs. I have seen their tv ads long time ago but never paid much attention. Yummy....but what about my diet? I protested. Don't worry, just feel the love when you eat them, C told me.

To get my fix, I ration 1 a day or maybe 2 :P I took one today and was taking several tiny bites enjoying the luscious taste of dark chocolate and hazelnut when a translucent slip of paper fell onto my desk. I held it closer and saw the love quote, "Grow old with me, the best is yet to come". Bummer... I have unwittingly thrown away all the previous love notes :( I bet C doesn't even know about the writings inside the silvery wrapper or else he would have mentioned it.

This morning I secretly put one with his lunch. The love is reciprocated..... gonna ask him how he felt when he chomped on his Baci. :D



*Two Wolves*

One evening an old Cherokee told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people.

He said, "My son, the battle is between two "wolves" inside us all.

One is Evil. It is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego.

The other is Good. It is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith."

The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather: "Which wolf wins?"

The old Cherokee simply replied, "The one you feed."

No comments: