Monday, June 18, 2007

Culinary delights?

A chilly wintry morn'... got up earlier than usual today as my C has to attend an early meeting. Being the 'good wife' I am :P, prepared his lunch...today's treat is my home cooked 'kolo mee' without lard that is but still delicious with the fried garlic I used with the olive oil...

I had a bowl of hot creamy pumpkin soup to warm up and thought I better post an update here before I get immersed in the tedious job of preparing our end of the yr taxes. Market is up today albeit a bit dull. Nothing that requires my attention for now.

Last nite, we brought my parents and my aunt( god ma)who is visiting, to dinner at Grand Palace restaurant, Perth. My aunt was like a second mom to me when I was a kid and also during my teen yrs. It's been a while since we last saw her. She has 2 grand kids now so I guess she is not as lonely. When I was going thru' teen conflicts with me parents, her place was where I seeked refuge and I will always be grateful to her for being there.

The dishes we ordered were quite good. King prawns fried in salted egg yolk batter, tender chili szechuan chicken, pork with rosemary n black pepper and Buddha vegetables- an assortment of vegs wrapped in dried bean curd skin. We dug in when the dishes arrived and only when we almost finished, C reminded me I should have taken some pics. Ah well, I was going to test my new cam's macro shots feature by taking pics of the dishes and see whether it needs tweaking for indoor pics since I have read that we need to do some adjustments for low light situations. Anyway, it's fine as I should be able to find some test subjects at home.

I like seafood, especially prawns and whenever we order prawns in salted egg, I usually have napkins on hand to remove much of the oil. Love the taste but hate the oil. Likewise for snow crab cooked the same way. Absolutely yummy ... So much for my diet. Hmm...loves good tasty food too much....



*Eat Well, Stay Fit, Die Anyway*

No comments: